Friday, August 2, 2013

Priya Anand longs to play the lead role in a horror film

Pretty Priya Anand has finally started going places in Kollywood. The actress, who debuted in Tamil films opposite Jai in the forgettable Vaamanan, then starred in Nootrenbadhu and Pugaipadam but none of them did well at the box-office. Priya hit the jackpot when she got to pair up opposite Sivakarthikeyan in Dhanush’s Ethir Neechal which turned out to be a super-duper hit.

Priya now has Arima Nambi opposite Vikram Prabhu, Vai Raja Vai opposite Gautham and Vanakkam Chennai opposite Siva. Speaking to newsmen recently, she expressed her long-pending desire to play the lead role in a horror film. “Thankfully, I have hit a purple patch in Tamil films. I hope to keep the good work going and would love to make a name for myself in Kollywood as an actress of substance.

“Right from my childhood, I have feared the ‘unseen’ spirit; however, I would love to play the ‘spirit’ in a film. If any director prepares such a script and offers me the lead role in it, I’m ready to make necessary adjustments in my call-sheet diary to star in the film. Among the roles I have essayed so far in films, I feel I’m very close to my character in my upcoming film Vanakkam Chennai.

“I’m a jolly, carefree girl who does not unduly bother about anything. I always let the Almighty take care of my problems for me and then continue my sojourn in life and in films. I am conscious about maintaining a slim frame and follow my diet but have a go at it whenever I go to Hyderabad as the ‘Hyderabadi Biriyani’ is too tempting to miss out,” concludes Priya.

No comments:

Post a Comment